Gamers around the world love to have colorful keyboards. Though they have eye-catching looks, performance-wise they may disappoint you. it is not always wise to spend a lot of money on hardware. Sometimes computer peripherals that cost nothing can give you the best features. In today’s article, we’ll review some of the best gaming keyboard under 50.
What is a gaming Keyboard?
Let’s have a look at the gaming keyboard history. The need for the first gaming keyboard came when in the late 1990s, there was a rise in the popularity of the games. With the increase in demand and popularity of the games, gaming companies around the world started to focus on developing sophisticated hardware for the games. If we look at today’s gaming keyboards available, we can see that these keyboards have all the game-enhancing features and functions. This is due to this modern and advanced tech, that we can buy these keyboards cheaply.
What are the types of gaming keyboards?
There are two types of gaming keyboards available in the market.
- Mechanical Keyboards
- Membrane Keyboards
The most popular keyboard in the gaming world is the mechanical keyboard. These keyboards have switches, that are spring-loaded and made of metal. When you press the key, it activates the switch. It also generates a sound that lets you know that you have pressed the key properly. Many gamers around the world prefer to have mechanical keyboards. Mechanical keyboards are durable as well.
These keyboards are hard to press but you can carry them easily. They are cheap as compared to mechanical keyboards. You can find cheap mechanical keyboards as well but maybe you have to compromise on some features. They have connected pressure pads, that’s how they register keystrokes.
What Specs to look for before buying a gaming keyboard?
Now we’ll look for some of the specifications that you must consider before buying a keyboard.
- Always choose the gamin keyboard which have soft keys to make your gaming experience enjoyable.
- This totally depends on your needs. However, many people prefer to have wireless keyboard but you can wired keyboard as per your needs.
- The most important factor to consider is the compatiblity of the gaming keyboard with your hardware.
- Some of the gaming keyboards come with extra buttons that give you flxibility to quickly achieve a function. This not only saves you time but also enhances your gamin experience.
- Always choose a keyboard that have dimensions that fits into gaming station perfectly.
- Macro key function: Well this the most important function a best gamin keyboard can offer. Many times, we need to perfrom several complicated tasks and action in just one click. Here, the use of macro keys come into play. With fewer strokes, you can get high efficeincy. It helps you perform repetitive tasks quickly and reliably.
- Key switches also play an important role. They are used to send signals to the computer. When you press a key, it sends a signal to let the computer know that you have pressed a key. The key switch determines the durablity and the feel of the keyboard. Mechanical switches are on top as they are durable.
- Backlighting: This feature may not seem to you as important as others are. But when you use it regularly, then you find the importance of this feature. With the backlighting feature, you can use your keyboard more effectively and easily in daytime and night time. You can see clearly the keys from any angle and with the option of choosing color of your own choice, you can customize your keyboard and give it a personalized touch.
The Best Gaming Keyboards:
Now we’ll review some of the best gaming keyboard under 50.
Corsair K55 RGB Gaming Keyboard
The features are :
- It has six dedicated keys for custom macros
- You can control multimedia and sound
The use of the macro function is one of the most amazing features of this keyboard. A macro refers to the programming of a key to perform a complicated series of tasks or actions. You need to perform certain quick tasks and actions in many games, so the macro keys can be very handy and useful. Similarly, you can use macros while performing your regular office work or any other routine job. This is one of the best mechanical gaming keyboards available. The wrist rest is also solid with a good grip and build quality.
Havit Rainbow Backlit Gaming Keyboard
The Features are:
- Most affordable gaming keyboard available in the market
- Multimedia controls
- Plug-and-Play USB cord
- Membrane gaming keyboard
Razer Cynosa Chroma
Razer is popular for producing some of the best high-quality products. Their products are quite expensive as well keeping in view the features they offer. However, this is not the case with Razer Cynosa Chroma.
- It gives you highly customzable RGB lighting.
- With the software, you can choose from 16.8 million colors to give the best pattern and color scheme to your keyboard.
- You can record a macro as well on this keyboard. However, it does not have dedicated macro keys.
This is one of the durable, simple, and compact gaming keyboards. It has a very solid frame which is made of metal. Although the keyboard is backlit with red LED lights, there is no customized function for macro or lighting. This keyboard is available in different versions such as multicolored RGB, etc.
It is sleek, wireless, contains mechanical switches, and is one of the great options. The keyboard comes with a single backlight color. However, you have the option to turn it on and off. It is a comfortable, durable, and cheap keyboard with good battery life.
This mechanical gaming keyboard comes in different colors. So make sure you have the option to choose the color of your choice. This keyboard uses Outemu Blue switches which are comfortable to use. As compared to Cherry MX Blue, Outemu Blue switches require a bit more actuation force and are a bit louder than that. You have different colors of the backlight options as well.
Cooler Master Devastator 3
Some of the coolest features of this keyboard use mechanical switches and use of backlighting. The backlighting of this keyboard offers 7 colors. One important point to note here is that actually this keyboard has membrane switches but the Cooler Master’s mechanical switch gives you a feel like a real mechanical switch.
Today, in this article we reviewed some of the best gaming keyboard under 50. However, choosing the right one is totally your choice as you know better which features you want. But keeping in view the different features that we mention, you can easily choose the best gaming keyboard under 50.